Saturday, June 24th
1. Des Moines Arts Festival 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Join the Des Moines Arts Festival in the Western Gateway Park in Downtown Des Moines. Check here for full information.
2. ArtFest Midwest - Varied Industries Building - Iowa State Fairgrounds 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Artfest Midwest, Iowa's largest fina art show, is an indoor event (with a few outdoor spaces) held in the rain-free, air-conditioned Varied Industries Building at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. Approximately 250 artists will be participating in this 15th annual event. ArtFest Midwest will again offer free shuttle bus service to downtown. Parking and admission to the show are free. Artfest Midwest Website
3. Des Moines Art Center Drop-in Tour 1:00 PM
Stop in for a conversational docent-led exploration of the Art Center’s world-renowned collection and prize-winning architecture.
4. Kathleen Roling 3D Chalk Artist at Five Monkey's 1:00PM - 8:00 PM
3D Chalk artist, Kathleen Roling is featured at Five Monkey's. Kathleen will be working live on a 3D art piece as well as showcasing many of her 2D chalk art. Watch the 3-D piece come to life from 1pm-5pm Artist reception from 5pm - 8pm Come and have some fun at Five Monkey's and take a picture on the finished art with your friends!. Five Monkeys 4211 Chamberlain Dr Des Moines, IA 50312 For more information, Check the Facebook Page
5. Recurring event - Urban Visionaries Show at the Des Moines Social Club - Open Gallery Hours
Featuring Artists such as Banksy, Shepard Fairey, Swoon, etc will be shown in the Viaduct Gallery.