Friday, June 23rd
1. Des Moines Arts Festival Opens! 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Join the Des Moines Arts Festival in the Western Gateway Park in Downtown Des Moines. Check here for full information.
2. Art Bus Unveiling - Greater Des Moines Public Art Foundation 12:00 Noon
As a part of the 2017 Des Moines Arts Festival, DART and the Greater Des Moines Public Art Foundation are once again parterning to wrap a transit bus with an artist's design. This year's art bus features artwork by Des Moines artist Jordan Weber. The unveiling ceremony is Friday, June 23 at 12:00 pm on 12th Street between Grand Avenue and Locust Street.
3. Pappajohn Sculpture Park Drop-in Tour 2:30 - 3:00 PM
Stop by for a conversational docent-led exploration of the Pappajohn Sculpture Park. Meet at Jaume Plensa's Nomade on Locust Street.
4. DSM Girl Gang Takeover at Marlene's @ Sevastopol Station 4:00 PM - 6: 00 PM
DSM Girl Gang Takeover Part 2 will return to Marlene's at Sevastopol Station June 23rd. Enjoy local artwork and great food and drinks. 1938 S.E 6th St Des Moines, IA.
5. Ballet Des Moines Special Performances - Des Moines Art Center 5:30 PM and 8:00 PM
*Note: Event is Sold out for 2017 * Ruptures Interpreted by Artistic Director Serkan Usha with original music composed by Lindsay Keats. Two performances, each followed by one-hour receptions for commentary and Q&A. Complimentary wine and light hors d'oeuvres will be available. Ballet Des Moines and the Art Center have embarked on a moving collaboration of dance and visual art. The works that comprise Ruptures are rife with emotion and physicality, qualities fundamental to dance. Four vignettes will be performed in artistic dialogue with the exhibition. *Reservations requested at desmoinesartcenter.org
6. Recurring event - Urban Visionaries Show at the Des Moines Social Club - Open Gallery Hours
Featuring Artists such as Banksy, Shepard Fairey, Swoon, etc will be shown in the Viaduct Gallery.